Use Ammonia to Power Grow Your Plants
Safety first! When handling chemicals, always make sure to protect your eyes and skin.
You Will Need:
- 4 tablespoons liquid ammonia
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 gallon-sized pitcher
- Goggles for eye protection
- Rubber gloves for skin protection
- PreGro Plant Sprayer
Put on your protective eyewear and rubber gloves. Then pour 4 tablespoons of liquid ammonia into a gallon-sized pitcher. Add one gallon of water to your pitcher. The ammonia will mix with the water as the water is being poured into the pitcher, so there is no need to stir the liquid solution. Pour this solution into the easy-to-fill glass container. Never shake the PreGro Plant Sprayer when the glass container is attached to the sprayer. The PreGro Plant Sprayer utilizes aerosol technology, but does not contain CFCs. For optimal spray, hold sprayer between a 90 degree angle and a 45 degree angle.
- Test your homemade liquid fertilizer on a single plant to make sure the solution does not have adverse effects.
- Spray your plants in the early morning or evening, focusing the spray near the base of the plant and wetting the soil with the liquid fertilizer.