Comprehensive Care for Delicate Flowers.
It's no wonder that orchids have a reputation of being delicate, high-maintenance flowers. Different species require varied growing conditions, and with over 30,000 varieties, it can be a challenge to find the right orchid for your home, garden, or greenhouse.
Protect and nourish your orchids with the PreGro Plant Sprayer. This lightweight garden sprayer will help you provide the right amount of moisture that your orchid requires. Easy to control, this portable hand-held garden sprayer enables you to deliver a continuous and uniform spray to your orchids.
When you need to protect your orchids from common diseases, such as petal blight or black rot fungus, or ward off insects like mealybugs, spider mites, scales, or thrips, use your PreGro Sprayer to fight off these damaging pests. Organic, cost-effective solutions can be easily mixed at home and quickly poured into the easy-to-fill glass container. Unlike a typical glass spray bottle, the PreGro Plant Sprayer atomizes up to 18 oz. of liquid solution, enabling you to spray a 120 square foot area.
You Will Need:
- 1 teaspoon eucalyptus oil
- 1 quart of warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid dish soap *make sure there is no bleach in the dish soap
- Quart or gallon-sized pitcher
- Stirring utensil
- PreGro Plant Sprayer
Combine eucalyptus oil with warm water in pitcher and give it a quick stir. Then add 1 tablespoon of non-bleach liquid dish soap to the liquid. Pour this solution into the easy-to-fill glass container. Never shake the PreGro Plant Sprayer when the glass container is attached to the sprayer. The PreGro Plant Sprayer utilizes aerosol technology, but does not contain CFCs. For optimal spray, hold sprayer between a 90 degree angle and a 45 degree angle. Spray the eucalyptus solution, completely coating the insects to smother and eradicate them. Use the eucalyptus solution as often as needed to control these pests.
- Solution is not effective for orchids that are weakened by inadequate growing conditions.
- Test your homemade solution on a single orchid to make sure the solution is not too strong and will not have adverse effects.
- Spray this natural solution on your affected orchids in the early morning or evening so a hot or sunny day will not cause the solution to heat up and burn the plant material.